Extreme 4 (Renegade)
ALL EXTREME FOUR RULES HAVE CHANGED!
2015 Extreme 4 (Renegade) Rules
Sumter Speedway track officials reserve the right to add weight, restrictor plates, and/or throttle stops to keep class competitive.
RENEGADE FOUR RULES
- Must be a stock 4 cylinder car (no turbo or rotary engines allowed)
- Fuel injection or stock manufactured carburetor only (Motorcraft)
- Motor must be in stock location
- Motor must match car ex. honda must honda engine
- Any air or oil filters (K&N, etc.)
- No Holley, Weber or other racing carburetors allowed – carburetor must be stock for the car
- No cold air intakes for fuel injections – must be stock type breather system
- Aftermarket radiators okay – radiators can be braced for support
- No aftermarket (racing) headers. Factory production header allowed without any tuning alterations.*See note
- Computer may be chipped to adjust or remove factory rev-limiter.
- NOTE: It is helpful to have a manual for your make and model car or truck if you are concerned that a question will come up in post race inspection.
- Renegade Weight Rules:
- All cars must weigh 2,200 pounds with car and driver after the race
- Renegade Body / Wheel / Tire Rules:
- Any front or rear wheel drive car or truck
- No all-wheel drive cars / trucks or all wheel steer cars
- Must have stock rear and front suspensions as from factory
- No racing springs (lowering) or shocks allowed
- Stock production cars only
- Mirrors are allowed
- Must have a quality welded 4 point roll cage inside the car with a minimum of 0.95″ thickness tubing – track has final say in safety of the cage
- Minimum 3 door bars / 2 side door bars – 6 point cages okay
- No push bars past firewall
- Racing seat, racing fuel cell and window nets are highly recommended
- 5 point harness /seat bolted to the roll-cage not the floorboard
- Spoked aftermarket wheels allowed – 7 inch maximum
- Street legal DOT tires required
- No drag radials, mud grip tires, racing tires or recapped racing tires allowed
- 7 inch wheel maximum – Tires can be mixed and matched for stagger – any standard DOT street tire -Regular car tires only – No Hoosier street tires or racing recaps – must be standard street tires.
- Aftermarket nose pieces allowed
- 6 inch metal support to extend out behind nosepiece or to hold grill in place allowed
- No push bars to extend beyond front facial.
- Renegade General Rules:
- Track has final ruling on all questions of legality. A pre-race inspection will be made to ensure SAFETY only.
- No guarantee of legality shall be expressed or implied during pre-race inspection.
- Questions of legality can and will be answered during the pre-race inspection if asked by entrant.
- Competitors must present cars for inspection prior to participating in any racing event. Legality will be determined in POST-race inspection
- Drivers are required to wear a racing helmet. Fire resistant gloves, uniform and shoes are highly recommended.
- No radios allowed.
- Race Receivers Mandatory!
ANY DRIVER THAT WINS 3 IN A ROW WILL BE REQUIRED TO START IN THE REAR OF THE NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED EVENT. CAR WILL BE INSPECTED BY TRACK OFFICALS. TRACK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD WEIGHT, RESRICTOR PLATES OR THROTTLE STOPS FOR COMPETITIVENESS.
ALL CARS WILL BE CHECKED FOR SAFETY BEFORE COMPETING! PROTEST – Visual 50.00 Must be done 30 minutes prior to main event. Teardown 200.00 Top end engine. Visual pistons & measure bore. Cylinder Head, valve train, and manifolds. Fuel system. Suspension, brakes & differential. Visual – track retains 20.00 Teardown – track retains 75.00
TRACK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INSPECT ANY PART OF YOUR CAR AT ANYTIME PRIOR TO, DURING A PROTEST OR AFTER ANY EVENT.