2013 YOUNG GUNS RULES
BOYS & GIRLS 8 TO 15 YEARS OLD
1) Any stock front or rear wheel drive, 4 cylinder; single cam or dual cam; 4+ passenger car. No all wheel steering cars allowed.
2) All glass and interior must be removed. Dash may remain stock.
3) Full roll cage MANDATORY! Minimum 1 1/2 inch .083 roll bar tubing. Minimum of 4 driver door bars. 3 passenger door bars. Doors may be gutted for bars. A minimum of 3 3/8 inch bars mounted in front of driver in windshield opening.
4) Racing seat MANDATORY! Seat must be mounted securely to roll cage.
5) Seat belts – 5 point harness MANDATORY! All seat belts must be securely mounted to roll cage. NO FLOOR MOUNTED BELTS!
6) All doors must be welded closed.
7) May modify pedals and steering shaft as needed. Steering quick release MANDATORY!
Quick release window net MANDATORY!
9) Fully charged Fire Extinguisher MANDATORY!
10) DOT Steel belted tires ONLY! Maximum tread width 8 inches. No recap, LT or mud grip tires allowed.
11) Wheels – Stock type steel wheels for car used.
12) Engine must remain STOCK! Stock replacement K&N Air filters allowed. No cone type filters.
13) Transmissions & Differential must remain stock. Differentials may NOT be locked.
14) Fuel Cell – Recommended. Stock tank ok. Must have firewall between trunk and passenger compartment.
15) Battery – Must be mounted securely. NO BUNGEE CORDS! Battery may be relocated to trunk. Must have a firewall between trunk and passenger compartment.
16) Exhaust must exit from under car. MANDATORY!
17) Safety Equipment – Full face helmet, full drivers suit, shoes and gloves MANDATORY!
18) Springs – May use spacers or clamps. Maximum 2 per spring. Control Arms and Link arms may be reinforced but not altered from OEM design and shape. May run chain on left rear. Maximum of 2 degrees camber on front only. 0 degrees on rear.
19) Push bar – 1 bar in front max. 1 3/4 inches behind face of bumper.
20) Track reserves the right to add weight, restrictor plates and / or throttle stops.
21) NO 2 WAY RADIOS!!!!!!
22) Minimum weight 2200 lbs.
ALL CARS WILL BE INSPECTED FOR SAFETY TRACK HAS THE RIGHT TO INSPECT AND MAKE CHANGES TO ANY CAR AT ANY TIME. ANY DRIVER WINNING 3 IN A ROW WILL START IN THE REAR OF THE NEXT REGULAR SCEDULED EVENT. CAR WILL BE INSPECTED BY TRACK OFFICALS. ANYONE COMPETING IN YOUNG GUNS MAY NOT COMPETE IN ANY OTHER EVENT. PROTEST………SEE BOMBER RULES
PARENTS MUST SIGN