2013 RIDGERUNNER RULES
(ONLY THE MODIFICATIONS OR ITEMS LISTED IN THIS SECTION MAY BE CHANGED. ALL OTHERS MUST REMAIN STOCK, ANY OTHER ALTERATIONS NOT APPROVED BY THE TRACK WILL BE CONSIDERED ILLEGAL) ALL SAFETY AND GENERAL RULES APPLY. THESE RULES ARE UNDER A SEPERATE HEADING AND SHOULD BE STUDIED BEFORE BEGINNING TO BUILD A RACE CAR.
ELIGIBLE MODELS: Any American made sedan type automobile manufactured from 1960-1998. Cars must be listed as having a minimum body length of 180 inches and a wheelbase of 102 inches. But can not be below the 100 inch wheelbase limit. NO CONVERTIBLES.
1) Stock or stock appearing aftermarket bodies allowed. Up-dating or back-dating body is permitted. Hood and roof maybe OEM or fiberglass. A diagonal bar from right rear of halo to left front of halo is mandatory. Homemade body panels maybe aluminum and must be stock appearing.
2) You can use a truck body on a legal Ridge Runner Chassis. GM body on GM chassis, etc. Wheel base must match car chassis used. NO TRUCK FRAMES !!!!!!! NO Aluminum or Steel Bumpers. MUST USE AFTERMARKET NOSES FRONT & REAR. Max. spoiler 6 inches of material measured from deck lid. Spoilers cannot exceed the body width.
3) Full OEM floorboards in OEM location only. Interior may be boxed in. Aluminum body panels allowed. NO FLAT SIDES.
4) Firewall must be 20 guage steel from side to side. Firewall required between fuel cell and drivers compartment, must be side-to-side of body and sealed completely. No tunnels through interior.
5) All glass and sharp objects must be removed from inside and outside of body.
6) All cars must have a minimum of 3 3/8″ metal posts in front of driver and securely mounted.
7) Inner fender wells may be removed, but all floorboards must remain.
Hoods and trunks must be securely fastened at all times while car is on racetrack.
9) Hood scoops permitted. Maximum height is four (4) inches. Must be closed in front.
10) Front and rear wrecker hook-up chains MANDATORY.
11) A maximum of six (6) inches of material may be used on rear spoiler. Maximum length of ends is eight (8) inches. No higher than rear spoiler. Aluminum, steel, lexan and OEM type allowed.
FRAMES AND SUSPENSION
(OEM FRAME AND SUSPENSION ONLY)…..
1) Racing springs allowed. Screw jacks allowed. Adjustable cups allowed in front springs. No cutting, welding or altering of any steering linkage. Steering boxes and linkage may be up-dated or back-dated. GM parts on GM, etc. Aftermarket power steering pumps allowed.
2) Stock appearing shocks. Front upper shock holes may be altered for shock to cup alignment.
3) Lower control arms must be OEM and mount in OEM location only, as provided by manufactor. Left upper control mount may be re-located. OEM spindles. Tubular uppers allowed.
4) Solid bushings, lowering blocks, adjustable lowering blocks, multi-hole shackles permitted. No sliders. Front leaf spring mount MUST BE MOUNTED IN STOCK LOCATION. ALL PIVOT POINTS MUST REMAIN STOCK (OEM). Tubular rear clips ADD 100 LBS. May run Chrysler leaf springs but wheel base must remain stock for car used.
5) Coil spring cars may modify length of upper trailing arms. Solid bushings allowed. Rear shims permitted. Adjustable cups allowed on rear.
6) Any size stock sway bar. Sway bar mounts may not be modified.
7) Frames may be reinforced and uni-bodies may tie front and rear framework together. NO reinforcements shall effect suspension movement.
OEM appearing bumper required. Bumpers must be in stock appearing location and may be reinforced from behind. Reinforcement can not extend forward of bumper face or extend past sides of car. NO sharp or open ends permitted.
1) Headers allowed.
TRANSMISSION AND DRIVELINE…..
1) Transmission may be either OEM automatic with a normal size working 11 inch converter or an OEM straight drive. NO racing type transmission allowed. NO clutch pack allowed.d
2) Minimum weight for flywheel and clutch with bolts is 32 lbs. Release bearing not included.
3) Any OEM steel rear end housing permitted. May cross manufactures lines. Any gear ratio permitted. Gears may be welded. Spools are permitted. 9″ floater OK.
1) Crate engine GM 602 or any homebuilt engine within specs listed below with weight additions.
2) Engine must appear strictly stock for that make and model. #1 spark plug can be even with ball joints.
3) No limit on cubic inches. Over 368 C.I. ADD 100 lbs.
4) Cast iron block and heads only. NO special aftermarket head. 350 Vortex OK. No over 300 HP head. No porting or polishing head or matching gaskets at runner opening. PBM Head allowed. Part #: 176970A/167970A.
5) Maximum over-bore .060 with .015 allowed for wear.
6) Flat top or dished pistons only. NO part of piston is to be above the deck of the block under normal stroking action at TDC.
7) Stock appearing Rods only. Rods may be balanced. Aftermarket rod bolts permitted.
Screw in studs and guide plates are permitted. Poly locks are allowed.
9) 3-angle valve job permitted, no larger then 1.94 intake / 1.50 exhaust. 2.02 intake / 1.60 exhaust ADD 50LBS
10) Roller rocker arms allowed.
11) Any fan, any radiator and any pulley.
12) Any 750 double pumper.
13) Any single 4 barrel dual plane Aluminum or Cast Iron Intake. NO porting, polishing or gasket matching. May drill heads to suite intake used for mounting purposes.
15) Aftermarket crankshaft ok. NO knife edge. NO grinding or drilling except for balancing only. Stoke must be within .015″ (+ -).
16) Any hydraulic cams. NO hydraulic rollers allowed. Stock type lifters.
17) Adapter plate of a maximum of 1″ between intake and carburetor, including gaskets.
18) Single valve spring with damper.
19) NO electric fuel pumps.
20) Any oil pan.
1) Four wheel disc brakes ok. Aftermarket pedals allowed. Adjustable brakes allowed.
1) Steel wheels only. 8″ or 10″ width. 5/8′ inch diameter studs mandatory.
2) Spacer or adaptors permitted. One half (1/2) inch maximum. One (1) per wheel.
3) Must have all studs and nuts installed at all times and nuts must be tight. If wheel comes off due to lost lug nuts, the car is disqualified for the remainder of the program.
1) 3200 lbs. – 368 c.i. or less
2) Add 100 lbs if over 368 c.i.
3) Weight must be posted on right side of hood. If no weight is posted car will be weighted at 3400 lbs (no questions asked). Track reserves the right to add weight to the class to make it competitive.
1) 300 hp cylinder heads add 50 lbs
2) 2.02 intake valves 1.60 exhaust valves add 50 lbs
3) Externally mounted shocks add 25 lbs
4) Fabricated upper control arms add 25 lbs
5) Weight placement will be determined by track.
1) 8″ wide Hoosier, 8″ wide American Racer or Scuff American Racer. E-83′s can be run on all 4 corners or (1) E-84 and (3) E-83′s on the car. E-84 can be run on any side; front or rear. TIRES WILL BE STAMPED AND NUMBERED…
2) Cutting and grooving ALLOWED.
3) No treating, prepping or grooving tires at track !
4) Tires are subject to change at anytime.
THERE ARE TO BE NO TIRES LEFT AT TRACK UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES !!